Seiko Instruments Inc. and its affiliated companies (collectively “SII Group”) recognize the importance of protecting the personal information of customers who use our websites and handle such information in the following way.
- When posting the opinions or photographs of individuals on our websites, SII Group will definitely obtain the consent of the person concerned beforehand and, in accordance with our Personal Information Protection Policy, will only post information that is appropriate.
- For the purposes of inquiry reception, surveys, e-mail delivery, mail-order sales, prize competitions, online member services, etc., SII Group may collect personal information via our websites.
- When gathering information on our websites, SII Group will specify and indicate the purpose of use. Furthermore, SII Group will not request any information in excess of the scope of information required to achieve the purpose.
- When requesting personal information through prescribed input forms on the websites, SII Group in principle will implement appropriate encryption for transmission and will endeavor to prevent leakage at the time of sending and receiving.
- SII Group may supply information received via the websites to business outsourcers and successors of the business concerned. In such cases, through contracts and agreements, SII Group will require business outsourcers and successors to endeavor to prevent the leakage of personal information in the same way that SII Group does.
- In order to securely preserve personal information in the operation of the websites, SII Group will adopt appropriate security measures for the system and its operation, such as server control arrangements and access restrictions.
- In the case of transfer to websites operated by third-party corporations or individuals via links while using SII Group’s websites, the protection of personal information at the link sites will be beyond the scope of SII Group’s responsibility.
- SII Group accepts inquiries about the handling of personal information at the exclusive contact. Refer to Handling of Personal Information for details.